Civil Technologist (Materials, Geotechnical Technician)
Website WATT Consulting Group
Our Vision is to be a Recognized Leader in the Creation of Vibrant and Livable Communities
Watt Consulting Group (WATT) is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm. Since 1983 we have played a key role in the advancement of best practices by offering innovative, tailored solutions in Transportation Engineering + Planning, Geotechnical Engineering, Geomatics + Surveying, and Civil Engineering. With regional offices across Western Canada, our team of consulting professionals brings advanced local knowledge, industry expertise and passion for their community to both private and public sector projects. WATT is an employee-owned firm. We are locally invested, and we are passionate about the work that we do in our own backyards.
As a Civil Technologist specializing in Geotechnical Materials Testing in WATT’s newly established Geotechnical Division, you will be responsible for materials testing on construction sites including compaction testing, asphalt sampling, concrete sampling and pile monitoring. A key part of the role will be preparing daily compaction reports and field safety reports. You will also be expected to communicate with the engineering team on field related matters with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Location: Calgary and/or Fort McMurray and/or Lloydminster
- Diploma in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- Materials testing on construction sites including compaction testing, asphalt sampling, concrete sampling
- Experience with nuclear densometer and all associated safety training
- Familiarity with testing and inspection procedures (CCIL, ASTM, CSA);
- Prepare daily compaction reports, field safety reports
- Communicate with the engineering team on field related matters;
- Maintain and calibrate testing equipment;
- Experience in Calgary and Northern Alberta considered an asset
- Flexible schedule and willingness to travel also considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Preference will be given to CCIL certified technicians with field experience
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- A class 5 driver’s license with TDG class 7
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WATT Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.