Location: Calgary, AB
WATT Consulting Group (WATT) is seeking Surveyor’s Assistants to fill seasonal and permanent positions. The preferred candidate(s) are current students or graduates from an engineering surveying technology program who are available to work immediately.
Work in a two-person Survey Crew within the City of Calgary and surrounding communities. Day to day you will work under the direct supervision of a survey crew chief, providing support as needed to carry out a wide variety of field surveys.
- Minimum High School Diploma with a preference for Surveying or Engineering Technology Certificate or Diploma with a strong interest in the field of surveying.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Familiarity and understanding of the principles of surveying and mapping.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Safety and PPE – Safety is your number one concern — active participation in safety hazard assessments and Watt’s safety program.
- Assist the Survey Party Chief with surveying duties – this includes lot grades, certificates, Real Property Reports, updates, stakeouts, posting of subdivisions, GPS surveys, site surveys, topographic surveys, construction surveys and other survey types.
- Assist the Survey Party Chief with setting up survey instruments and taking measurements using a variety of equipment.
- Search for legal evidence as necessary – Surveyor’s Assistants are required to search and dig for survey evidence (iron posts or other evidence) and work is often manual and physically challenging.
- Carry and utilize a variety of tools and equipment including shovels, pry bars, dig bars, jackhammers, and others up to 23 kg or 50 lbs.
- Clean work areas.
- Take care of survey equipment.
- Hold and place stakes during surveying activities.
- Perform miscellaneous labour tasks for tradespersons, apprentices and other workers as directed.
- Ensure the survey truck is stocked, organized and clean on the inside and out.
- Organize and clean out storage sheds and surrounding areas as required.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to grow your career in a dynamic organization, owned and led by employees, submit your resume by clicking on the ‘Apply Now‘ button.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. WATT is an equal opportunity employer.
From benefits and career development to work life balance, check out what it's like to work with us.
An employee-owned firm, we are locally invested and passionate about the work we do in our own backyard.
The collective voice of WATT Consulting Group, focusing on industry insights, trends and leadership.