Party Chief II
Closing Date: September 30, 2021
Party Chief II
WATT Consulting Group (WATT) is seeking a survey Party Chief II to join our Geomatics team. We are looking for dynamic individuals that are committed to high-quality professional work, meeting the needs of our clients, and working with our multi-disciplinary team to create vibrant and livable communities.
Party Chiefs within the Geomatics Division of Watt Consulting Group are highly motivated individuals who take pride in their work and strive to achieve excellence in our products and services. Party Chiefs are responsible for leading a two-person construction/engineering survey crew on engineering, construction, and land development surveying projects.
As representatives from WATT Consulting Group, Party Chiefs can make a significant impact on the Contractor’s or Client’s impressions of Watt Consulting Group. Therefore, they are required to conduct themselves in a responsible manner on and off the job.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of a two-year Technical Diploma in a relevant discipline (i.e., surveying, geomatics, civil engineering) and have five (5) years’ experience in construction survey including gridlines, piles, deep and shallow utility layout, subdivision construction.
- The successful candidate will be experienced with field calculations and reading/interpreting engineering and construction plans.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high level of understanding of engineering survey practices and municipal standards.
- Excellent understanding of the coordination between field survey, office computations, drafting and checking.
- Candidates must have a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s licence.
- Candidates must also possess strong verbal and written communication skills in English, be self-motivated, and capable of working within a team environment.
- Solid team skills and ability to work independently. Collaborative team skills across the Division. Effective time management skills.
- Strong desire and capacity to learn new technical skills.
- Client focus that demands exceptional service delivery in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure the Survey Crew operates according to Watt Consulting Group and site-specific safety rules.
- Work with limited supervision and communicate regularly with the Survey Coordinator, Inspectors and other key project personnel on project details, design changes, scheduling, issues, and project status.
- Understand and apply City of Calgary roads, subdivision, utilities, and other project-specific design standards.
- Interpret a variety of engineering and technical drawings, identify errors and omissions and recommend solutions.
- Achieve and maintain technical competence in all field equipment hardware, including conventional, GPS and total station instruments, and the recording of field notes thereby setting the standard for the Section.
- Use computers and survey software in the office to provide technical support including managing survey data, calculations and data prep as required.
- Plan and execute timely and accurate surveys and inspections on many different projects working outdoors in all weather and construction site conditions (on call as required to support the land development projects).
- Compute all necessary survey calculations including parameters for horizontal and vertical alignments related to surface improvements and utilities installations. Utilize ASCM markers and secondary survey control for horizontal and vertical positioning.
WATT is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm. Since 1983, we have played a key role in the advancement of best practices by offering innovative, tailored solutions in Transportation Engineering + Planning, Geotechnical Engineering, Geomatics + Surveying, and Civil Engineering. With regional offices across Western Canada, our team of consulting professionals brings advanced local knowledge, industry expertise and passion for their community to both private and public sector projects.
WATT is an employee-owned firm. We are locally invested, and we are passionate about the work that we do in our own backyards. Our mission is to exceed expectations in the delivery of quality, innovation and customized solutions for each unique project, community, and client. You will be joining a team that is passionate about what they do and who hold themselves to a high standard of excellence.
We take our work to “HEART” – these are the values we hold high and strive to live by every day: Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork.
To eligible employees, WATT provides employer paid benefits including extended health and dental, employee and family assistance plan (EFAP), as well as other benefits, such as sick pay and a health spending account.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to grow your career in a dynamic organization, owned and led by employees, submit your resume by
clicking on the ‘Apply Now‘ button.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. WATT Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer.
From benefits and career development to work life balance, check out what it's like to work with us.
An employee-owned firm, we are locally invested and passionate about the work we do in our own backyard.
The collective voice of WATT Consulting Group, focusing on industry insights, trends and leadership.