Division: Civil Engineering
Location: Calgary, AB
Closing Date: September 30, 2021
WATT Consulting Group (WATT) is a seeking a Project Engineer to join our team in our Calgary office. We are looking for dynamic individuals that are committed to high-quality professional work, meeting the needs of our clients, and working with our multi-disciplinary team to create vibrant and livable communities.
About the Role
As Project Engineer, your primary role will be to work with the VP of Engineering and the rest of the team to successfully deliver projects to clients in the municipal and land development industries. In addition, you will work with and support the business development and marketing aspects of the team.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University.
- 5 plus years’ experience in engineering discipline, specifically in municipal and land development.
- Must be a registered member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA).
- Experience with Civil 3D software.
- Experience in Stormwater Management design is an asset.
- Strong presentation, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail.
- Work with the VP of Engineering, project managers, engineers and drafting technicians to successfully deliver quality projects on-time and on-budget for a variety of land development and municipal projects.
- Support project managers on managing projects.
- Design of various municipal and land development projects.
- Review technical drawings, details, and specifications to ensure quality and oversight.
- Supervise junior engineers and technologists.
- Prepare proposals.
- Develop relationships for partnering with other firms.
- Develop business opportunities with existing and potential clients.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to grow your career in a dynamic organization, owned and led by employees, submit your resume to by clicking on the ‘Apply Now‘ button to the right.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Watt Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer.
From benefits and career development to work life balance, check out what it's like to work with us.
An employee-owned firm, we are locally invested and passionate about the work we do in our own backyard.
The collective voice of WATT Consulting Group, focusing on industry insights, trends and leadership.