Construction Supervisor II (Intermediate)
Division: Civil Engineering
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Construction Supervisor II (Intermediate)
About the Role
The primary role will be supervision, inspection, and coordination of construction activities, both as a Prime Consultant and as a Sub-Consultant. In addition, you will work closely with project managers, project engineers and designers to prepare tender/contract document packages and opinions of probable costs at various stages of design development. You will also train/mentor junior field technical staff.
- C.E.T. or eligibility to become a C.E.T., with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction supervision of land development and municipal projects in Lloydminster and surrounding areas.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Municipality specifications and CCC/FAC process.
- CAD experience would be helpful but not mandatory.
- CPESC certification would be an asset.
- Pipeline Assessment Certification Program (PACP), Manhole Assessment Certification Program (MACP), Lateral Assessment Certification Program (LACP) -National Association of Sewer Service Companies (NASSCO) will be assets.
- Supervise day-to-day construction activities, including Erosion and Sedimentation Control inspections, either in person or via junior technicians in field, including survey and quality control testing coordination. Record and prepare daily progress reports and Local Municipality inspection forms.
- Train / mentor junior field staff.
- Perform and manage all tasks associated with the administration of construction contracts including, tender and specification preparation, cost estimation, tender letting, review, analysis, and award recommendations.
- Maintain project files and all relevant QC documentation for construction projects.
- Receive Contractor draft invoices, review and advise Contractor of revisions, prepare Project Progress Claims (PPC) for signoff by PM and issue PPC’s to client for payment. Maintain PPC tracking system for all PPC’s.
- Assist in the creation and preparation of proposals for both public and private sector clients including projected field staff utilization and broad scope project costs.
- Act as a resource to PM’s and designers in the gathering of information and/or pricing for non-typical items.
- Liaise and keep client informed of changes and challenges encountered during construction phase of project. Discuss additional costs incurred in the field due to site conditions.
- Attend CCC & FAC inspections with Local Authority, record deficiencies, inspect completed deficiencies, and prepare CCC & FAC certificates and all supporting documentation for submission to Local Authority for acceptance.
- Ensure that work on sites being carried out safely and in compliance with OH&S requirements.
WATT Consulting Group (WATT) is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm. Since 1983 we have played a key role in the advancement of best practices by offering innovative, tailored solutions in Transportation Engineering + Planning, Geotechnical Engineering, Geomatics + Surveying, and Civil Engineering. With regional offices across Western Canada, our team of consulting professionals brings advanced local knowledge, industry expertise and passion for their community to both private and public sector projects. WATT is an employee-owned firm. We are locally invested, and we are passionate about the work that we do in our own backyards.
We take our work to “HEART” – these are the values we hold high and strive to live by every day: Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork #WEAREWATT.
WATT provides employer paid benefit plan, Group Deferred Profit Sharing, Health Savings / Tax Savings Account, and competitive salaries. We appreciate the ability to balance work and life ourselves and are open to similar flexible arrangements for the right candidate. Ownership opportunities will also be available to the successful candidate.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to grow your career in a dynamic organization and share our interest in creating vibrant and livable communities, submit your resume by clicking on the ‘Apply Now‘ button.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. WATT Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer.
From benefits and career development to work life balance, check out what it's like to work with us.
An employee-owned firm, we are locally invested and passionate about the work we do in our own backyard.
The collective voice of WATT Consulting Group, focusing on industry insights, trends and leadership.