Party Chief – Construction Survey
Website Watt Consulting Group
Under the direction of the Construction Survey Manager, your primary role will be to lead a two-person construction/engineering survey crew on engineering, construction and land development surveying projects. In addition, you will work closely with the Geomatics team to provide surveying services and support in other divisions.
As representatives of Watt Consulting Group, Party Chiefs make a significant impact on the Contractor’s or Client’s impressions of the Company. Therefore you are required to conduct yourself in a responsible manner on and off the job.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of a two-year Technical Diploma in a relevant discipline (i.e., surveying, geomatics, civil engineering) and have five (5) years’ experience in construction survey including gridlines, piles, deep and shallow utility layout, subdivision construction.
- The successful candidate will have good office experience with AutoCAD or similar software performing calculations and data prep work.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high level of understanding of engineering survey practices and municipal standards.
- Excellent understanding of the coordination between field survey, office computations, drafting and checking.
- Experience with a variety of survey software, robotic and total stations, levels and geodetic grade GPS is required.
- Candidates must have a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s licence.
- Candidates must also possess strong verbal and written communication skills in English, be self-motivated, and capable of working within a team environment.
- Solid team skills and ability to work independently. Collaborative team skills across the Division. Effective time management skills.
- Strong desire and capacity to learn new technical skills.
- Client focus that demands exceptional service delivery in an efficient and effective manner.
- Provide direction, oversight and instruction to more junior Part Chiefs within the Section.
- Ensure the Survey Crew operates according to Watt Consulting Group and site-specific safety rules.
- Work with limited supervision and communicate regularly with the Survey Coordinator, Inspectors and other key project personnel on project details, design changes, scheduling, issues and project status.
- Understand and apply City of Calgary roads, subdivision, utilities and other project-specific design standards.
- Achieve and maintain technical competence in all field equipment hardware, including conventional, GPS and total station instruments, and the recording of field notes thereby setting the standard for the Section.
- Use computers and survey software in the office to provide technical support including managing survey data, calculations and data prep as required.
- Plan and execute timely and accurate surveys and inspections on many different projects working outdoors in all weather and construction site conditions (on call as required to support the land development projects). Compute all necessary survey calculations including parameters for horizontal and vertical alignments related to surface improvements and utilities installations. Utilize ASCM markers and secondary survey control for horizontal and vertical positioning.
- Interpret a variety of engineering and technical drawings, identify errors and omissions and recommend solutions.
Since 1983, Watt Consulting Group has been a multi-disciplinary civil engineering, transportation planning and land survey practice, operating out of offices in Calgary, Victoria, Vancouver, Kelowna, Edmonton and Lloydminster. We provide transportation planning, engineering and geomatics services to a wide variety of public and private sector clients throughout Western Canada. We strive to achieve our Vision of being a recognized leader in the creation of vibrant and livable communities. You will be joining a team that is passionate about what they do and who hold themselves to a high standard of excellence. We take our work to “HEART“. These are the values we hold high and strive to live by every day: Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to grow your career in a dynamic organization, owned and led by employees, submit your resume to email@example.com.
Ownership opportunities will also be available to the successful candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Watt Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.