Website Watt Consulting
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the primary role will be supervision, inspection, and coordination of construction activities, both as a Prime Consultant and as a Sub-Consultant. In addition, you will work closely with project managers, project engineers and designers to prepare tender/contract document packages and opinions of probable costs at various stages of design development. You will also train/mentor junior field technical staff.
• C.E.T. or eligiblity to become a C.E.T., with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction supervision of land development and municipal projects in Calgary and surrounding areas.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Familiarity with Municipality specifications and CCC/FAC process.
• CAD experience would be helpful but not mandatory.
• CPESC certification would be an asset.
• Pipeline Assessment Certification Program (PACP), Manhole Assessment Certification Program (MACP), Lateral Assessment Certification Program (LACP) -National Association of Sewer Service Companies (NASSCO) will be an asset
• Supervise day-to-day construction activities, including Erosion and Sedimentation Control inspections, either in person or via junior technicians in field, including survey and quality control testing coordination. Record and prepare daily progress reports and Local Municipality inspection forms.
• Train / mentor junior field staff.
• Perform and manage all tasks associated with the administration of construction contracts including, tender and specification preparation, cost estimation, tender letting, review, analysis and award recommendations.
• Maintain project files and all relevant QC documentation for construction projects.
• Receive Contractor draft invoices, review and advise Contractor of revisions, prepare Project Progress Claims (PPC) for signoff by PM and issue PPC’s to client for payment. Maintain PPC tracking system for all PPC’s.
• Assist in the creation and preparation of proposals for both public and private sector clients including projected field staff utilization and broad scope project costs.
• Act as a resource to PM’s and designers in the gathering of information and/or pricing for non-typical items.
• Liase and keep client informed of changes and challenges encountered during construction phase of project. Discuss additional costs incurred in the field due to site conditions.
• Attend CCC & FAC inspections with Local Authority, record deficiencies, inspect completed deficiencies, and prepare CCC & FAC certificates and all supporting documentation for submission to Local Authority for acceptance.
• Ensure that work on sites being carried out safely and in compliance with OH&S requirements.
Since 1983, Watt Consulting Group has been a multi-disciplinary civil engineering, transportation planning and land survey practice, operating out of offices in Calgary, Victoria, Vancouver, Kelowna, Edmonton and Lloydminster. We provide transportation planning, engineering and geomatics services to a wide variety of public and private sector clients throughout Western Canada. We strive to achieve our Vision of being a recognized leader in the creation of vibrant and livable communities. You will be joining a team that is passionate about what they do and who hold themselves to a high standard of excellence. We take our work to “HEART”. These are the values we hold high and strive to live by every day: Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to grow your career in a dynamic organization, owned and led by employees, submit your resume to email@example.com or to Fitzii by clicking here.
Ownership opportunities will also be available to the successful candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. WATT Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.