Intermediate – Civil Engineering Technologist
Website Watt Consulting Group
As a Civil Engineering Technologist of the Engineering Division, your primary role will be to provide technical support to the project managers, engineers and other professionals of the engineering group team.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or Engineering and Drafting Technology is required.
- Registered or eligible for registration with ASET.
- 3 plus years’ experience in municipal engineering with focus on land development, subdivisions and private sites work.
- Proficiency using Civil 3D and AutoCAD Software is essential.
- Comprehensive knowledge of drafting and engineering principles is required.
- Knowledge of City of Calgary requirements is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to details.
- Work with project managers, engineers and technologist on the design of different land development and infrastructure projects.
- Work as part of a team to produce engineering drawings, including block profiles, using AutoCAD and Civil 3D, for land development and infrastructure projects in accordance with the Municipalities’ requirements and specifications.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Assist with meeting deadlines.
- Assist with obtaining approvals.
- Participate in the staff and projects meetings.
Since 1983, Watt Consulting Group has been a multi-disciplinary civil engineering, transportation planning and land survey practice, operating out of offices in Calgary, Victoria, Vancouver, Kelowna, Edmonton and Lloydminster. We provide transportation planning, engineering and geomatics services to a wide variety of public and private sector clients throughout Western Canada. We strive to achieve our Vision of being a recognized leader in the creation of vibrant and livable communities. You will be joining a team that is passionate about what they do and who hold themselves to a high standard of excellence. We take our work to “HEART”. These are the values we hold high and strive to live by every day: Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to grow your career in a dynamic organization, owned and led by employees, submit your resume to email@example.com.
Ownership opportunities will also be available to the successful candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. WATT Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@wattconsultinggroup.com.