Website WATT Consulting Group
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Clerk is an integral member of the accounting team. In this role you will assist in the day to day accounting processes and procedures including maintaining professional relationships with internal and external clients.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in accounting with a diploma in Accounting, business or related field.
- Exceptional communication skills with individuals at all levels, internal and external to the organization.
- Takes ownership for individual areas of responsibility and accepts feedback on performance with the goal of achieving excellence.
- Strong knowledge with MS Office Suite including advanced Excel skills is required. Familiarity with Ajera software is an asset.
- Proven ability to analyze issues, exercise good judgment and proactively respond to requests.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and organized.
- Ability to work efficiently, independently or as part of a team.
- Preparation and verification of invoices with support from Project Managers.
- Processing invoices in Ajera with distribution to client.
- Follow up on Aged Accounts Receivable per PMQA manual.
- Corresponding with Project Managers and clients related to project and invoice issues.
- Assist in project setup.
- Ensure payables invoices have correct authorizations, coding, and approvals
- Entry of Accounts Payable invoices.
- Entry of Employee Expense Reports.
- Entry of company credit cards.
- Process cheque runs including Pay-When-Paid subconsultants.
- Maintain organization and filing of accounting records.
- Responding to Vendor inquiries.
- Ensure accuracy of project reporting.
- Maintain projects and perform maintenance in accounting systems.
- Create and keep job manual up to date.
- Other duties as required either by the Accounting/Finance division or by the administration Division, such as covering phones, filing and word processing.
Since 1983, Watt Consulting Group has been a multi-disciplinary civil engineering, transportation planning and land survey practice, operating out of offices in Calgary, Victoria, Vancouver, Kelowna, Edmonton and Lloydminster. We provide transportation planning, engineering and geomatics services to a wide variety of public and private sector clients throughout Western Canada. We strive to achieve our Vision of being a recognized leader in the creation of vibrant and livable communities. You will be joining a team that is passionate about what they do and who hold themselves to a high standard of excellence. We take our work to “HEART”. These are the values we hold high and strive to live by every day: Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to grow your career in a dynamic organization, owned and led by employees, submit your resume to email@example.com, or at Fitzii by clicking here.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Watt Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.